- Gay marriage is a demonic parody.
- The USCCB's suggestion that parishes host a "Pancakes for Patriotism, or Fish Fry for Freedom" to celebrate its Fortnight for Freedom gave us indigestion.
- The new face of the WNBA is Brittney Griner, a 6'8" tattooed openly lesbian center with a Nike contract to model men's clothing. Dunks, blocked shots, cross dressing, and dildos: no wonder the WNBA's never caught on.
- Actress Angelina Jolie will face quite a dilemma if she discovers she's genetically predisposed to Alzheimer's Disease.
- Worthy Successors. The early favorites to succeed Michael Bloomberg as NYC Mayor: Christine Quinn, a lesbian married to Kim Catullo; Anthony Weiner, who resigned from Congress in a sexting scandal; and Bill de Blasio, whose wife formerly was a lesbian.
- Subverting Culture. VP Joe Biden praised Jewish leaders, citing social media and the tv series Will and Grace as examples of what changed attitudes on gay marriage. "Think ó behind of all that, I bet you 85 percent of those changes, whether it's in Hollywood or social media, are a consequence of Jewish leaders in the industry." If Mike Jones said that, he'd be accused of anti-Semitism.
- The new evangelization seems a fancy name for teaching bishops how to tweet.
- Contrast America's horror at the Boston Marathon bombing with its apathy over "collateral damage" done by U.S. drones.
- "Thank you, Planned Parenthood," said Pres. Obama. "God bless you." He must have been invoking Moloch.
- The Triumph of Bias. Complaints that the Washington Post has a "pro-gay agenda" and the "conservative, pro-family side gets short shrift," led its ombudsman Patrick Pexton to explain: "many Americans feel that allowing gay men and lesbians to marry diminishes the value of their heterosexual marriages. I donít understand this." There are none so blind as those who will not see. "That's why many journalists have a hard time giving much voice to those opposed to gay marriage," he added.
- Is anyone else tired of seeing Cardinal Dolan play the clown?
- Is ostentatious humility a contradiction or instead a paradox?
The final page of each monthly issue of Culture Wars consists of short commentary, entitled Bullets,
written by James G. Bruen, Jr. This web page is a sampling of Bullets from recent issues.